A healthy diet and regular exercise are key to preventing heart disease. Following eight tips would help you to improve your heart health:
1. Become—and stay—physically active.
2. Balance your calorie intake with the calories you burn in physical activity.
3. Lose weight if you’re overweight.
4. If you smoke, stop. Avoid other people’s smoke if you can.
5. Control high blood pressure.
6. Control high blood cholesterol.
7. Control diabetes.
8. Choose foods low in saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, sugar, and salt. Enjoy more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
Dr. Anil Singhal, MD8 Tips for Heart Health
by Dr. Anil Singhal, MD ( Author at Fitness Ozone )
Posted on August 10th, 2014 at 1:39 pm.
Last updated on August 17th, 2014 at 7:23 am.
Find more fitness articles, fitness news & posts on: Fitness Tips
Keywords: Diabetes, Heart disease